[ale] Fry's Electronics

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 13:50:46 EDT 2004

Shoot, I'd have given my old crap TX2 card to you had you asked.  As it
stands now, the only use for that card is to make RAID a Windows only
box.  Not Linux compatible.  Sure, they say they've got drivers and you
can do the install, but after the first kernel update, you'll be
screwed, losing all the data on your drives.

Best go get your money back if you can if you're wanting to run Linux.
The 3ware stuff doesn't require any drivers and has built-in Linux
kernel support, but I like having 3DM web configurator so I can check my
array from anywhere.

cheers,

BC