[ale] (no subject) SPAM talk...

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Mon Apr 19 16:43:56 EDT 2004

> How about leaving the person's name in the email, but removing the email
> address?
> Having the name of the author of the email is enough for me regarding
> determination of the probable quality of the information.
> Marvin Dickens

The concern is for non-members (as well as members).
A good solution is to simply use a database to match a member ID to the email
address. That way the server can direct emails to the authors, while NOT
displaying the email address for spam harvesting.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com