[ale] apt-get choking

Bridges, Doug DBridges at alston.com
Tue Apr 6 12:15:12 EDT 2004

I think it is something wrong on your side.  My newly installed Debian (testing) box was able to apt-get from http://http.us.debian.org without any problems 5 minutes ago.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org]On Behalf Of Joe
Knapka
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 12:01 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] apt-get choking

Hi everyone,

I booted my Debian machine this morning and ran "apt-cache search
jdk". It responded with several dozen lines of stuff like

 W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.debian.org woody Packages
 - stat (2 No such file or directory).

Is there a problem with the Debian servers, or is something wrong on
my side? I haven't changed anything about the APT configuration, so
I don't see why it would suddenly stop working.

Thanks,

-- Joe

NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone
(404-881-7000) or by electronic mail (postmaster at alston.com), and