[ale] Mailing list in KDE

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Oct 22 09:17:57 EDT 2003

At this months ALE Central meeting I asked if anyone knew how to define a
mailing list in the KDE address book.  No one did and consensus was that it
didn't work that way.

I finally found it and thought I should tell y'all.

Open the address book (kaddressbook).  On the bottom toolbar there are two
dropdowns.  In my default configuration they are both labeled "None".  If you
click on the right one (for me it is the left one, next to the Refresh button
and is twice as wide as the other) you get choices "Contact Editor" and
"Distribution Lists".  Select "Distribution Lists" and a new dialog opens in
the bottom of the address book.  Click on "New List..." and away you go.

I found that this weekend as hours of searching.  Today it took me 5 minutes
to find it again.  I guess there is something counterintuitive about it for
me, but I can't think what.

Michael