[ale] Dialup Connection timer?

Synco Gibraldter synco at xodarap.net
Fri Oct 10 12:16:58 EDT 2003

you could just add in a logger with your ppp connect script to mark time
connected and time disconnected [those events might already be logged
through syslog?] and whip up a quick little parser to count the time.  if
you're looking for something more active, i've noticed kde came with this
project timer program that lets you 'clock in' and 'clock out' of an
unlimited number of projects, but it would have to be started and stopped
manually, so that's not really useful.  i'm 99% sure you can find one on
the web that runs independently and monitors the ifconfig output for
statistics [including time], and if you can't, i'll write you up one that
does.  but do a google search and i'm sure you can find one.  hope this was
halfway helpful without giving you any specific answers.