[ale] Dialup Connection timer?

griffisb at bellsouth.net griffisb at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 10 12:03:15 EDT 2003

Hey all,

   I working on setting up a dial-up account on my sister's laptop. Not sure about unlimited
connect time versus a set number of minutes per month. Unlimited sounds like the best choice,
but since I'd be fronting for it and my wallet is getting thinner - I was thinking about a timed
account.

   Is there a tool that is simple to use and that measures connect times? Anything that can
give you a heads up when you hit a certain number of minutes - so she would know to
disconnect and use the library PC's?

   If not - then unlimited it is (I'd hate for a big surprise to come sneaking up). Also checked
Joi Internet. Their closest pop to my sisters place is a local toll call - so will chose a different
carrier.

Thanks, Bruce