[ale] OT: I AM paranoid!

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Oct 10 10:36:54 EDT 2003

I believe you are not correct.  When you use it as a Visa card, (no pin
entry, usually), it goes through the Visa network.  When you use it as a
debit card, it does not go through the Visa network, that's why debits
show up faster on your statement.  Further, this is why Walmart and
other companies want you to use it as a debit card, because when you use
it as a Visa card, they have to pay the Visa charges associated with the
transaction.

I picked this up from Clark Howard a while back, so it's got to be true. ;)