[ale] USENIX Conference Program Update

Terry Countryman terry at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 8 23:43:11 EDT 2003

} From: Cat_Allman at usenix.org
} Subject: USENIX Conference Program Update
} Date: 4 Oct 2003 01:39:35 -0400
}
} What's new:
}
} * LISA '03
} 	NEW Tutorial on Disaster Planning Offered
} 	Multiple Attendee Discount available
} * Security '03 recap - Proceedings now available online
} * Hot OS Workshop - Scribe reports
} * Internet Measurement Conference Program Live
} * WMCSA Preliminary Program Live
}
} ---------------------------------------------------------------------
} LISA'03 Tutorials offer help with real-world issues.
}
} NEW Full Day Tutorial Session @ LISA '03- Disaster Planning and
} Recovery: How to Keep Your Company (and Your Job) Alive
} Evan Marcus, Veritas Software
}
} Who should attend: Anyone responsible for their organization's data.
} This tutorial will show you what you need to think about, what you
} need to plan for (and what you can safely avoid), and how you can
} put a plan into effect if (God forbid!) you ever need to use it. We
} will explore the key aspects of developing a disaster recovery plan,
} including the key components, testing the plan, and some of the
} technology that can speed recovery, with an eye toward balancing
} cost and benefit. We will also take a close look at one organization
} that recovered completely very quickly after 9/11. Learn more at:
}
} http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa03/tutorials/tuttues.html#t7
}
} ---------------------------------------------------------------------
} Bring a colleague to LISA '03 and save.
} Register 5 or more people from the same organization and you all
} save money.  E-mail lisa03_reg at usenix.org to learn more.
}
} ---------------------------------------------------------------------
} Security '03 Proceedings Available Online
} This year's Security conference drew an enthusiastic audience
} including many members of the Fourth Estate.  Read all about it at
}
} https://db.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/sec03/
}
} *USENIX members* can now view the full texts of the Security '03
} Proceedings, in PDF and HTML.
}
} Not a member yet?  You can join online!
}
} http://www.usenix.org/membership/
}
} ---------------------------------------------------------------------
} Just Up! HotOS '03 Scribe Reports of the Workshop
} The complete reports of the HotOS '03 Workshop, which took place in
} Lihue, Hawaii, May 18-21, 2003, are now available online.
}
} http://www.usenix.org/events/hotos03/reports.html
}
} ---------------------------------------------------------------------
} Internet Measurement Conference 2003
}  Sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM and in cooperation with USENIX
}  October 27-29, 2003
}  Miami, Florida, USA
}  http://www.icir.org/vern/imc-2003/
}
} Program is now up for this 2.5 day event focusing on Internet
} measurement and analysis.
}
} ---------------------------------------------------------------------
} 5th IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems & Applications, In
} cooperation with USENIX & Sigmobile
} October 9-10, Monterey, California, USA
}
} Advance Program is up at: http://wmcsa2003.stanford.edu/
}
} Visit www.usenix.org regularly for the most updated information
} about upcoming events and special offers for our members.
}
}
} Cat Allman
} Sales and Marketing Director