[ale] Call for Papers - 6th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI '04)

Terry Countryman terry at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 8 23:43:05 EDT 2003

} From: Alex Walker <alex at usenix.org>
} Subject: Call for Papers - 6th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI '04)
} Date: 4 Oct 2003 01:35:43 -0400
}
} The 6th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI
} '04) will take place December 6-8, 2004 at the Renaissance Parc 55 Hotel
} in San Francisco, California, and we would like to encourage your
} participation.
}
} OSDI 2004 will bring together professionals from academic and industrial
} backgrounds in what has become a premier forum for discussing the
} design, implementation, and implications of systems software.
}
} Paper submissions are due on May 14, 2004. This is a hard deadline -- no
} extensions will be given. Submission guidelines are available on our Web
} site: http://www.usenix.org/events/osdi04/cfp
}
} Emphasizing both innovative research and quantified experience, OSDI
} takes a broad view of the systems area and solicits contributions from
} all fields of systems practice including, but not limited to: operating
} systems, networking, file and storage systems, distributed systems,
} mobile systems, secure systems, embedded systems, and the interaction of
} hardware and software development. We particularly encourage
} contributions containing highly original ideas or groundbreaking results
} that push the frontier of systems research.
}
} The symposium will consist of 2.5 days of single-track technical
} sessions with presentations of refereed papers and a keynote address.  A
} session of Work-in-Progress presentations is planned, and informal
} Birds-of-a-Feather sessions may be organized by attendees.
}
} We look forward to receiving your submissions.
}
} Eric Brewer and Peter Chen
} OSDI '04 Program Co-Chairs
}
} OSDI is Sponsored by the USENIX Association and co-sponsored by ACM SIGOPS
}