[ale] MS BIOS

Jeff Rose jojerose at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 4 09:37:32 EDT 2003

who wants to bet that 'unauthorized' software, /*linux*/ won't run on
phoenix bios.  Hopefully in 2 years time when this gets implemented,
linux will be sufficiently widespread that phoenix will have a hard time
selling this crap.  Actually I'm curious to see Windows' users reactions
when they can no longer download, and play their pirated mp3's and
software.  Since most of them can't/won't turn DRM off, I wonder if they
will make the switch to another platform or fall in line when they
realize they don't control their computers.  MS is betting they can herd
them.  I think now is the time for linux on the desktop to kick into
high gear.  If someone can offer a super easy distro when Longhorn comes
out, we may yet see the MS empire fall.  Looks like SuSE or /*gasp*/
Lindows is the best bet for that.