Now bootstrapping - Re: OUCH!!! Re: [ale] DummyQ: Minimum RAM to install RH-7.3

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 1 18:59:22 EDT 2003

ALErs -

Thanks once again for the good suggestions. I played 'musical revisions'
with 'Slinky' (the RULE installer) and 0.3.9 turned out to have the right
mix of ambition and judgement. I got a basic RH-7.3 in place and now I'm
filling the chinks and updating the installed packages.

Next-up I'll be filling with out the other packages I need on the box.

Somewhere along the way I'll unpack the backup I made of my work
directory.

It could have been smoother, but it sure could have been worse! Probably
another good(?) part of a day to a productive system again.

Regards.
 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu