[ale] Unable to recieve faxes/mgetty+sendfax 1.1.30

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Mon Jun 30 11:19:22 EDT 2003

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Geoffrey wrote:

> Jim Seymour wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > 	I am unable to receive faxes on my RH 7.3 box with
> > mgetty+sendfax 1.1.3 and a Multitech MT5656ZDX-V modem.
> <snip>
> > Googling has not produced anyone else with a similar problem.  I tried
> > setting the port speed to 19200 to no avail.
>
> I'd try different speeds. What does your mgetty inittab entry look like?
>   How about the init chat string going to your modem?

My inittab entry is:

S1:2345:respawn:/sbin/vgetty ttyS1

I have not added anything to the init-chat string for the modem.  All of
its commands are what comes coded into mgetty+sendfax.  I am trying to
call Multitech today to see if there are any known firmware issues.  Tried
receiving a multi page fax yesterday.  It received the first page (said
it was bad though it looks fine under kfax) and locked.

Thanks,

--
Jim Seymour
www.wingbarscafe.com