[ale] Bellsouth DSL?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jun 4 16:41:38 EDT 2003

F. Grant Robertson wrote:

> I have however learned ways to get the tech the troubleshooting
> information he needs without the windows machine.  It took a windows
> machine initially, and it's not the easiest thing in the world, but
> it works.  Connect a winXP machine when your having trouble, once,
> and take notes on what the errors are. You can also disconnect the
> DSL modem to get the error you will have when sync is gone.  Next
> time you have an outage, tell them you have winXP, refer to your
> sheet and no one is the wiser.

Or, rather then waste your time for their benefit, go with a provider
who doesn't require the evil empire.  I understand that some locations
just have no case.  In that situation, you only alternative is to
contact your congress rep. or possibly the psc.

WHEN there is an alternative, there's no reason to use Bellsouth.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...