[ale] SCO Tells Linux Users: Time To Pay Up

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Jul 22 12:33:40 EDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Preston Boyington wrote:

> SCO Tells Linux Users: Time To Pay Up
> http://tinyurl.com/hot3
>
> So SCO is planning to send individual users a bill for using Linux?
>
> to quote jim from a different list:
>
> "One has to wonder if this is not an attempt to get money from those without
> the funds to mount a legal defense."

Jim may be partially correct (IMO), that SCO is working on getting funds
from those who cann't mount a real defense. I would also expect it to be
a tactic to bolster the suit against IBM, since paying up would be taken
in court as agreeing with SCO's position. (I'm not sure I phrased that as
clearly as I might want, so anybody who wants to write cleanup for me is
hereby invited.)

I wonder what SCO's next move will be to bolster their court case and
continue to raise funds to go to court with?

<<snip>>