[ale] CVS repository as apache DocumentRoot

Josh Freeman josh at catea.org
Tue Jul 22 12:20:38 EDT 2003

I don't believe that will work, because what CVS stores in the
repository is the original file and the diffs, and the extension is
changed in any case. You could fix the latter problem in the httpd.conf,
but the diffs are going to be a bigger issue.

Your best bet, then would be to write a cvs wrapper script that will
check the file back out whenever a developer checks a file in. If you
decide to go this route, email me back. I've written such a script
before, but it's a bit of a kludge. I'd probably lose what geek cred I
have if I mailed it out, but I think with some cleaning up it could be
salvaged.

Josh

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 12:07, Michael E. Barker wrote:
> Does anyone have experience in making a CVS repository work as a
> document root for apache.  Basically I'm trying to set up a dev site
> where I don't have to export everytime I make a small change but want
> version control to keep coders from overwriting one another.
>
> If you could point me to a howto this would be great.

Josh Freeman
Technical Manager
Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access