[ale] ping won't pong.........

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Sun Jul 6 16:45:10 EDT 2003

Jim,

I thank you for your additional insight.

I agree that it appears to be on their end.

A further problem to which you might also have insight [hopefully] is
that....

  I can surf newsgroups, but when I go to post to one, I get an
authentication failure everytime [when I attempt to SEND the posting],
no matter which group.

This seems to me to also be on their end, in that, if authentication was
broken on my end why am I being allowed access to newsgroups at all.

Any ideas ?

Gratefully,
Courtney

Courtney Thomas