[ale] ZDNet UK News: Mandrake Linux files for bankruptcy

Michael Golden naugrim at email.byu.edu
Thu Jan 16 20:57:24 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 12:59, geek0goddess at netscape.net wrote:
> MandrakeSoft, the financially strapped creator of the Mandrake version of
> Linux, said on Wednesday it has filed for the French equivalent of
> bankruptcy protection from creditors.

	It is actually a "declaration de cessation des paiements" which is the
french equivalent of a Chapter 11 Reorganization. Which basically means
at this point that they will continue for a little while (which is good
-- I run only Mandrake Cooker). So, don't despair too much. Just have a
little hope and, if you are able and willing, pitch in a little. There
are ways to support them such as joining the MandrakeClub (which is not
just a charity) and purchasing things from the online Mandrake Store.
Their finances should be more stable if they can last through this
reorganization time.

--
Michael Golden <naugrim at email.byu.edu>

 This is a digitally signed message part