[ale] cd drives, or going nutz the Linux way!

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Feb 27 08:53:17 EST 2003

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 01:28 pm, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> On Thursday 27 February 2003 07:03 am, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > man hwclock
>
> Thank you, thank you, thank you!
>
> None of the reference books I have handy even lists this function.
> And the name is hardly intuitive. :)

Here's another hint you might not find in books: man apropos

For instance:

[1012] hirsch>apropos clock
QTime [qtime]        (3qt)  - Clock time functions
adjtimex             (2)  - tune kernel clock
alarm                (2)  - set an alarm clock for delivery of a signal
clock                (3)  - Determine processor time
clock                (n)  - Obtain and manipulate time
clockdiff            (8)  - measure clock difference between hosts
hwclock              (8)  - query and set the hardware clock (RTC)
oclock               (1x)  - round X clock
setclock             (8)  - sets the hardware clock from the system clock
t3d                  (1)  - clock using flying balls to display the time
xclock               (1x)  - analog / digital clock for X
[1013] hirsch>

Michael