[ale] Problem with monitor cord extension

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Feb 27 08:39:46 EST 2003

I have 5 or 6 monitor extension cables.  I had the same exact problem.
What IK determined is that my cables are of poor quality.  I do not use
them anymore for monitor extension.  I would reccomend purchasing a very
good extension cable.  If you can not afford a nice one at CompUSA or
MicroCenter, then look on ebay.  It needs to have a thick cable.

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 22:45, John Wells wrote:
> Bought a 6' monitor cable extension today at Microcenter and just
> installed it.
>
> I'm getting a bit of wavering/wiggling when I move the mouse around or type.
>
> Everything else seems to be fine, but gosh, that's irritating.  Can anyone
> tell me what might cause this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> John

"The Law of Leaky Abstractions"
There is a time where abstractions lead to the inablity to
fix problems that leak through the abstraction.
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/LeakyAbstractions.html