[ale] xine/dma

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 24 14:01:35 EST 2003

Sean,

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 03:17, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> I also have reviewed the pitiful mobo manual supplied by Intel.
> There are no jumper settings for changing the configuration of
> the onboard EIDE controllers.

	Okay, looking at the code, I found something to look at:  when the
drive is identified, it prints various info about it.  Right after it
reports "CHS=%d/%d/%d" (cylinder/heads/sectors), it *should* print the
DMA mode, something like: ", DMA", or ", (U)DMA", etc.  This should be
in the boot messages, which on RH is stored in /var/log/dmesg.

	What does it say?

	Thanks!

Danny