[ale] Re: [ale] boot parms ide=???

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Wed Feb 19 12:10:43 EST 2003

yes, it is a must to read the man page if you take this guy's suggestions.

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:29:40 -0500
Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:

> James Sumners wrote:
> > not the best in the world but it is a good start:
> > http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2000/06/29/hdparm.html
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  I had another reference that I can no longer
> locate.  The oreilly one suggests using some flags that could be
> dangerous (-u).  I'm going with a compromise between those offered and
> the ones I've researched prior:
>
> hdparm -Xudma4 -d1 -m16 -c3 /dev/hda

> The latest, most widespread virus?  Microsoft end user agreement.
> Think about it...

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted. Missionara Protectiva, Text QIV
(decto) CH:D 59