[ale] backup setup

L. Wayne James wjames at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 19 11:37:26 EST 2003

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 11:16 am, Preston Boyington wrote:
<snip>

> Have just got a book on Samba and am learning (albeit slowly).  Wife's
> MS machine (98SE) doesn't like initial attempt at our home network and her
> dialup service, but that is another story.

As far as I recall, I don't think I ever got LAN and dial-up working with my
Win98 machine.  I toyed with a "dial-on demand" PPP setup on my Linux box,
but finally took the path of least resistance and just dialed out when I
needed to.

The issue (as I recall) was in Dial-up Notworking setting the default route to
the dial-up link in Win98.

Good luck.

> G> Let me know if you're still with me okay? :)
>
> Err...yeah... probably will take me a bit to get everything to mesh.
>
> I appreciate the help.  Don't give up on me I will get there.

Wayne