[ale] - [semi-OT] - Laptops in the metro

Transam transam at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Feb 12 20:49:55 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 05:36:20PM -0500, Jonathan Rickman wrote:
> I'd be very interested to hear about your results with sound/modem if you
> get around to it before I do. It might save me some trouble. I've heard
> that the sound is pretty simple, but I've heard some bad things about the
> modems. Apparently it's hit or miss.

Supposedly there now is Linux support for WinBloz modems and it works on
the IBM R series, documented on the Laptop links.  These days, everywhere
I go there's Ethernet access to the Internet.  I have two modem PCMCIA cards
but never found it important enough to set up PPP for them with the old
Laptop.

> --
> Jonathan Rickman
> X Corps Security