[ale] OT - rant on computer cases

Sims, Ted ted at tedsims.com
Fri Feb 7 13:10:30 EST 2003

What's the with the stupid practice of putting doors on the front of the case so you can't get to your burner, etc.?

Why can't I get a grown-up looking case with a side case fan? Why are fan holes punched so small they restrict air flow?

Why are they pushing cases made out of aluminum, that are flimsy, noisy, and dent at the slightest impact?

Why do high-end cases have drive rails, when screws hold the drive more securely, with less vibration and noise?

Why do they include fans that are so poor I throw them away often and get better ones?

What's with the neon, clear side windows, and hot rod colors? I want to know, do they still make ATX cases for adults?

-Ted