[ale] Linux gizmo

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Feb 7 13:04:18 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 12:14, Doug McNash wrote:

> Yep, I had asked the list about this item the other day (
> but I neglected to use a subject line so folks probably
> rightfully ignored it, I hate when that happens.)

Based on the size and the cost, I suspect its using 2.5" hard drives.

> I'm tempted to get one even tho I don't need it, anyone
> ever played with it?  Can any ide drive be used? Is a
> command line accessable?

I suspect its not command line accessible. Or at least not in the
traditional sense. Probably has a serial port internally that if you
could get to, you would have a console.

Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
Rules to live by: 1) Don't sweat the small stuff 2) Its all small stuff