[ale] OT:Microsoft Money Payout

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Feb 1 08:11:40 EST 2003

Thanks for that.  I was literally rolling on the floor laughing.  I love it.

On that same note, I set my mother-in-law up a while back with a linux
box, replacing her Windows box.  She was having some problems with her
email, so I was checking it out last night.  She is the perfect example
of why viri spread and worms propagate.

Looking in her home directory I found 7 downloaded windows executables.
  Two that were supposed to be IE installs (setup_IE?.exe), neither
were.  She had 168 email messages waiting to download and a message from
the provider that she was very close to exceeding her mailbox size limit.

Virtually 80% of the emails were opt in junk.  When I asked her about
them, she told me she had no idea how she got subscribed.  We set about
fixing that problem.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...