[ale] SuSE 8.2, Building a kernel

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Tue Aug 26 20:42:10 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 23:22, BruceG wrote:

> Under SuSE, is that the /boot/vmlinuz.config file? If so - then yes, I
> have it. I copied /boot/vmlinuz.config to /usr/src/linux/.config - then
> went from there.

As Mr. Kinney mentioned, make oldconfig will take you where you want to be,
unless you really are interested in a lightweight kernel. A smaller kernel
has little value on a reasonably modern system. It's guys like me who
insist on clinging to old clunkers that benefit the most from it.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security