[ale] Comcast not in the real world!

Drag0n dragon at atlantacon.org
Sun Aug 24 23:40:40 EDT 2003

	Don't tell them you have a linux box conected to the cable modem, they
wont know what to do. I have yet to reach anyone with half a clue on
their support line. I end up just telling them what's wrong and they
still go through their scripts. The only time i have ever found them to
be of any help is when the system is not working in any way. You can ask
them to run a line level test, and if it's out of tolerence they will
send someone out to fix it. I would switch service providers myself, but
thanks to bellsouth, the only form of DSL line in my area other than
Hellsouth.not.yet is IDSL at 144k both ways, not worth the effort.

Drag0n
dragon at atlantacon.org