[ale] Help in this forum

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sun Aug 24 17:25:41 EDT 2003

I think his point was that this list seems more political than Linux oriented.
Sometimes it seems one must really "cry out" to get help and discuss Linux.
Rarely is there an objection to spouting off a political position.

He is not saying "kill all politics."
He just questions why this list is getting more like /. or fark.
We should question why our "intelligence level has dimished."

For example, we should be intelligent enough to know (as Bob Toxen knew and
pleaded) that the political arguments, positions, and RESULTS of the issues
are not unique or new.

Drew

> IMHO, the banter just shows the list is healthy. I think mostly we all
> like each other, respect each other, and enjoy having like minded and
> well versed people to discuss things with in a forum that is more
> personal than that of slashdot. I know that's how I feel.
>
> -G
>
> On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 00:14, Steve Nicholas wrote:
> > "ale looks a lot like /."
> >
> > I could expand from here, but we all know why this list was set up, and
> > what it's purpose was.  I'm sad to say there is a lot less Linux and more
> > politics flowing through the list.  And before anyone attacks me, I have
> > a wife that's been unemployed for a long time.  So, I feel the pain.
> > This is NOT the list to moan about politics / jobs (except if someome has
> > an opening.)

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com