[ale] new laptop time ... need suggestions

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Aug 21 18:11:23 EDT 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> I hope that the 54g will be supported soon, I suspect (although don't know)
> that I can still use 802.11b with the same interface.  Any ideas on this?

I've heard that the built-in 802.11b on HPs is supported on Linux. I've not
heard anything one way or the other about the 11g though.

Mine doesn't have built-in wireless, though, so I'm not certain what the 11b
is or if it's supported.

> As for the HPs, they do look sharp.  Nice cool blue lights. ;)

A bit of an acquired taste, but I kinda like them ;-)

later,
chris