[ale] I appear to have somehow hosed up my Gentoo install

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 13 16:56:32 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 03:36:27PM -0400, Nathan J. Underwood wrote:
> Hmmm, disregard.  I booted back, with my CD, and set qmail not to start, and it
> booted.  Back to the drawing board.

Is qmail able to resolve your hostname correctly?  I don't have any
experience with qmail, but I remember a problem with sendmail a while
back, where it would hang at boot if it couldn't resolve the hostname.
If that's the case, it should eventually recover after the DNS query
times out.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9