[ale] (OT-Humor)Tech Support Was meeting

Drag0n dragon at atlantacon.org
Mon Aug 11 15:55:34 EDT 2003

Geoffrey wrote:

> What would it be like if OS's
> were as plentiful as automobile makes?

Um, as an Ex-Tech support tech, i dont even want to comprehend the
nightmare that would be phone support.

" Hello, thank you for calling Bob's Import tech support. We do Import
OS's.
"Yes, we do Japanese OS's, hold on while I trasfer you to the asian
import que."

"What, no we don't do Redmon's. You want Billie's Budget Domestic
Emporium."

And the list can go on from there.
Yes microsoft has done some good, and some bad. Typical of most Major
Corporations, IBM, SUN, AOL, D.E.C.^H^H^HCompaqH^H^H^H^HHewlet-Packard,
not to name any names. Personaly, M$ and $C0 are the least of our
worries right now, what with our right to use any OS as we see fit
slowly being cut off by the Specius Genus: Congressious Critterus.
(Well, lookie here, a soap box, more wood for projects). Sorry folks,
just trying to lighten the mood and keep everything in perspective.

Drag0n
dragon at atlantacon.org

Windows: n. 64 bit hack with 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for
a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of
competition.