[ale] OT: Load Balancer

Matty matty91 at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 6 21:17:32 EDT 2003

The answer is most likely going to be, it depends. What
services are you looking to put the LD in front of? is
session persistence or SSL acceleration a requirement? What
do you need to do with it (Layer IV, Layer V or Layer VII
stuff, services requests based on RTT, etc.). I have
used Cisco Arrowpoints and F5 BigIPs, and am pleased
with both devices.

Hope this helps,
- Ryan