[ale] Red Hat sues SCO

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Tue Aug 5 14:59:16 EDT 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Matt Smith wrote:

> Not to nitpick, but I read that too and there are two reasons it's OK to spell it that way.
>
> First, it was part of a quote.. so even if it was misspelled, it doesn't reflect on the author of the quoting document.
>
> Secondly, "bases" is the plural of "basis".. so it's likely correct in itself.

Yep, "bases" is correct.. and the document seems well enough written to me
- fairly easy to read, and it avoids wordy legalese..  I'm not sure why
Bob had any difficulty in getting through it - that it avoids
overcomplication and obfuscation doesn't make it "unprofessional", as far
as I'm concerned - rather, it make a pleasant change from all of the
drivel coming from the SCO camp.

Incidentally, has this list become /.? :)

--George