[ale] gateway external ip

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Sun Aug 3 16:53:29 EDT 2003

No, the router has 2 interfaces one local 192.168.1.1 and
one external 68.184.118.129 (assigned from cable co thru
dhcp).  I want to know the external interface ip address
but the traceroute from inside my network bounces off the
192.168.1.1 interface, not the external.

Now I could ask one of the network utilities on the web
what it thinks my ip address is
(https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2) or my router thru it's
web interface.

--