[ale] Tab stops in linux?

da Black Baron wyldechylde at geocities.com
Wed Apr 30 13:19:23 EDT 2003

I see your posts fine, Christopher.  I just don't have a clue as to the
answer... ;-)

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 10:35 pm, Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Aaah, oops.  Ok, my sincerest apologies then...  Should I resend the
> message?  Is it a PGP issue?
>
> Best Regards,
> CB
>
> P.S.
> Michael - I really apologize for my "snooty" reply.  I thought you
> received my complete post and you were responding innappropriately.
> This appears to be a bad miscommunication between myself and the list.
>         -CB
>
> Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >Christopher: like the previous replies, your message didn't come through
> >in your original post to me either.
> >
> >Thus spake Christopher Bergeron (christopher at bergeron.com):
> >>Fair enough...  Let me elaborate:
> >>
> >>s/Anyone/Anyone care to provide any insight or suggestions and not
> >>criticism to the above questions\?/
> >>
> >>For those that haven't yet the initial post perused:
> >>
> >>*Does anyone know if "tab stops" are universal in linux, or if they're
> >>program independent?*  Specifically, I use pico or vi as my editor
> >>(based on my mood), and I'd like to set my "tabs" to about 2
> >>characters.  It appears that the default is like 10 characters or
> >>something; and I just can't spare that much screen real estate. * Would
> >>I find this setting in each of my apps or is it an stty thing?* * If
> >>it's a global thing, would programs like "indent" also cater to it? *
> >>
> >>*Anyone? *
> >>
> >>Much thanks,
> >>CB
> >>

> >>-CB

> >:wq!

> >- Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
> >                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> >DISCLAIMER:
> >      These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one else.
> >
> >Diagnosis: witzelsucht
> >
> >IPv6 = robert at ipv6.rdlg.net	http://ipv6.rdlg.net
> >IPv4 = robert at mail.rdlg.net	http://www.rdlg.net

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my relatives were
carnival folk who were touring this place called Hiroshima in
the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair, they
mostly married each other.  And here I am"

                                                        (,,oBo,,)
 Wylde Bill                                               ||||

http://mrpooter.sytes.net
wyldechylde at geocities.com