[ale] Strange System problem

Doug McNash dmcnash at smyrnacable.net
Wed Apr 23 10:15:34 EDT 2003

This sounds very much like a problem I had many, many
moons ago with the microchannel version of the same card.
 I had a SCSI tape driver that would read and write just
fine as long as the tape file size was less that 1Mb (back
when 1Mb was some real storage.)  At the 1Mb boundry it
would drop bits on the read. In the end it turned out to
be a hardware incompatability due to the fact that the MC
was not really an immutable standard.

Try writing files of all 0xff and 0x00 and then od it and
see what you get?
--
Doug McNash
dmcnash at smyrnacable.net