[ale] USB Pendrive on RH 8.0

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Apr 15 10:29:07 EDT 2003

Sorry, deleted the original so I'll need to reply here.

I use a couple of these (one is a backup that has a cracked case) that I
use for storing my gpg keys, password list (gpg encrypted) pics of my
wife, etc.  Works great.

USB and scsi emulation are compiled into the kernel, scsi generic
device, usb mass storage and the filesystems are modules.

Steps:
  Physically plug in the drive
  modprobe usb-storage
  modprobe sg
  modprobe fat
  modprobe vfat
  mount /dev/sda1 /tmp/mnt -t vfat -o uid=nomad
  cd /tmp/mnt

Works great.  For some reason auto-loading the modules doesn't work
right so I can't put it in autofs.

Robert

Thus spake Michael D. Hirsch (mhirsch at nubridges.com):