[ale] large file xfer challenges

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Apr 13 17:47:05 EDT 2003

aaron wrote:
> I need to xfer a couple large binary files - ~1.1gig - to multiple CD
> Roms so I can deliver them to an M$ winblows machine.
>
> "split" will let me chop the files into a couple pieces that will fit
> on a CD. If the receiving end was a *nix box I would just "cat prt1
> prt2 >bigfile" to stitch the pieces back together. Can anyone tell me
> if there is a "cat" equivalent in winblows or Me$sy dos for this??

The only thing I know if is to use uwin:

http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/

It's a whole host of packages that give you a ton of unix tools you can
run in windows.  It comes with both split and cat as well as just about
everthing else.  Any UNIX guru who has to deal with windows should be
using uwin.  Here's a list of the tools:

http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/man/utilities.html

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...