[ale] Threading? (was: Re: [ale] C#)

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Wed Sep 25 21:46:42 EDT 2002

OK, I've held back my ignorance about as long as I can.

Can you explain to me "threading?"  I think I stopped coding a little
too early in life (Pascal-on-VAX/VMS-era) to really understand what all
this is about.  My crude understanding is that threading is where one
process branches off into multiple "threads" of execution, the
distinction between processes and threads being that threads all execute
in the same context.  Is my conceptualization more or less correct?

And can you elaborate a bit about "python has way worse threading than
java?"  What constitutes "worse?"  Is there an underlying reason why
that is so?

- Jeff