[ale] Linux Mags?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Sep 23 16:00:02 EDT 2002

Ryan Neily wrote:
> What does everyone here read in the name of Linux related magazines?  What
> is everyones favorite?  I really like Linux Journal, but I am wondering if
> there are others out there that are worthy of reading?

I subscribe to Linux Journal and I also get login;

login; is not Linux specific, and is a 'perk' of being a member of the
USENIX  Association.    Originally, USENIX was pretty much all UNIX,
unfortunately, some Microsoft has whined it's way in.  I still find
login; to be one of better technical rags for Unix focused folks.
Membership in USENIX is $110 a year, and $40 a year for students.  For a
student, the membership isn't that much more then a year's worth of most
decent tech rags.

There are other perks you get that come along with the membership, so I
think the $110 is well worth it.

http://www.usenix.org/

http://www.usenix.org/membership/classes.html

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net