[ale] Re: [ale-admin] [request for help] Linux jobs

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Fri Sep 20 11:50:57 EDT 2002

Many thanks to Geoffrey for running this through.  Got an offer today
and start monday.  Means alot to a guy supporting a wife and 2 kids
especially when the wife doesn't work.

Spamming the list is bad but forwarding something like this when so many
of us are hurting is very good.

They do have a few more openings if you haven't submitted a resume.
Right now they're looking for slightly more senior people.  When I get
settled I'll find out about the NOC personel etc as well and see if I
can get any more info for the rest needing work.

Thanks again Geoffrey,
  Robert

Thus spake Geoffrey (esoteric at 3times25.net):

> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:29:05 -0400
> From: Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>
> To: Dennis Opacki <dopacki at internap.com>
> Cc: ale-admin at ale.org, ALE <ale at ale.org>
> Subject: [ale] Re: [ale-admin] [request for help] Linux jobs
>
> I am forwarding to the lug list.
>
> Dennis Opacki wrote:
> >	Rather than post an obviously inappropriate solicitation to your
> >	list,
> >I figured I would seek your direction on the best way to proceed.
> >
> >	I am interested to know if any members of your group are currently
> >looking for Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer positions. I am
> >looking
> >for two good Sys Admins and two Sys Engineers who are interested in helping
> >us manage 800+ production Debian servers. We have a great culture and some
> >extremely cool technology (all of which is Linux-based).
> >	We are in the process of re-locating our corporate office from
> >Seattle to downtown Atlanta and need to re-staff our Core Systems
> >Engineering
> >team in a hurry!
> >
> >TIA,
> >
> >-Dennis

> >  Dennis Opacki	                  Internap Network Services
> >  Sr. Manager, Core Systems Engr. 250 Williams St,
> >  dopacki at internap.com            Suite E100
> >  +1 206 441 8800                 Atlanta, GA 30303 USA

> I didn't have to buy my radio from a specific company to listen
> to FM, why doesn't that apply to the Internet (anymore...)?
>

> ---
> be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

:wq!
Robert L. Harris