[ale] [OT] php help

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Sep 14 20:38:47 EDT 2002

Hey Drew,

This is where modular programming comes in. By having the <coded stuff>
as a subroutine that you call by passing parameters, you can reuse your
typing more efficiently.

subroutine process_data_not_zero{
	my $variable=$0;
	while ($variable > 0){
		<do stuff>
	}
}
subroutine process_data_zero{
	<do other stuff>
}

if ($value == 0){process_data_zero($value)}
else {process_data_not_zero($value)}

Fletch can clobber me on any crappy Perl form here, but the basic idea
is simply code reuse.