[ale] [OT] Gimme a D, gimme an O, gimme an H, gimme a !

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Sep 14 08:20:21 EDT 2002

The first thing you should have done was removed the battery.  In this
way you reduce the possibility of a short causing permanent damage.  The
likelyhood that this will make any difference now is slim, as the soda's
probably dry now.

I would suggest that at this point you have the weigh the options.  I've
taken a couple of different laptops apart for various reasons.  It's
likely you'll need to consider doing the same in order to insure you've
gotten in completely cleaned out.  Laptops use different assembly
techniques and different technologies for their keyboards.  Point is,
there's no easy way to tell you how to take it apart, or if you'll be
able to get it back together.  Some laptop elements are designed to not
come apart, that is, remove and replace.

What you want to be able to do is to isolate the keyboard from the rest
of the machine, so you can properly clean it without harming the balance
of the device.  Soda's nasty, sticky and all

That's not a lot of help, I know, but I will say I've successfully
disassembled an old compaq 486 and a couple of newer ibm (p166) laptops.

Good luck.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net