[ale] [OT]RE: [ale] OSX

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Oct 28 10:27:12 EST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Kilroy, Chris wrote:

> I"m not a mac person by any stretch of the imagination.  I personally
> wonder about how good OSX is myself.
>
> My biggest reservation with it is there is no readily apparent way to
> really get into the file system, to a command line, that sort of thing.
> This all from just playing with one in the new Apple Store at Lenox.
>
> The displays on these machines are a thing of beauty though.
<<snip>>

Well, the command line is available from the terminal app, in full shell
glory and power. The file system _is_ a little odd, as it is overlaid and
trying to be compatible with the older Mac file system. Back compatibility
has apparently caused some warpaged. I haven't tried installing OS X to an
Apple Unix partition to see what changes. I'd love to hear if somebody has
tried what the results were.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown