[ale] OT new spam approach

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 28 09:29:46 EST 2002

On Monday 28 October 2002 07:03 am, Jim Philips wrote:
> Some spammers who send html mail are also using Web bugs. Spamassassin
> picks up on those.

And some people wonder why my email software is set to render all
HTML as text and why I delete (unread) all email that arrives as HTML.
If I recognize the source and believe the messge is genuine, I just
ask for a resend -- in ASCII text.

Unfortunately, some folks have no clue what that might be. <sigh>

Sean