[ale] amd processors and memory

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 21:46:06 EDT 2002

> This mb has both ddr and pc100/133 memory slots, one of the main reasons
>    I chose it.  Anyway, nothing in the manual or on the website about
> memory configuration.  I know I can't mix ddr and pc133, but what I'm
> trying to do (and it's not working) is put a 256mb and 128mb stick in
> together.  Do they have to be the same size?
>
> When I put them both in, the bios reports 512, an obvious problem.

i have a similar mb and i run ddr, i have a 256 and a 512 stix mix in
there so i know it works, not to mention we are dealing with dimms here :)
they only require one stick to work, my memory of A+ is faded but not that
faded :-p in any case perhaps you did not set the jumpers properly? or
maybe, just maybe, you aquired a better stick than you paid for ;)