[ale] Websites

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Sat Oct 19 08:27:35 EDT 2002

On Friday 18 October 2002 11:44 pm, tom wrote:
> I have a question which is probably easy, but I don't know the answer.
> How do you make a website in linux that has that glossy look, Not one
> that has the stale HTML colors. Is it only possible in Flash?

Personal opinion: I've seen very few Flash pages that do much more than
annoy the viewer and add to the download time. If you want a good looking
website, you don't need software,  you need artistic talent.

If you have the talent, you'll use Gimp or something similar. A simple text
editor and ftp client can do the rest.

Regards,
Irv