[ale] PATH

David Brooks db at stayonline.net
Fri Jan 11 18:13:16 EST 2002

The root user on a Solaris machine typically doesn't have bash as it's
login shell (nor would I advise changing it from csh).

Add this line above the line that says "export LOGNAME PATH" in
/etc/profile:

PATH=/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin

Hope this helps.

-Dave

--
david a. brooks