[ale] OT: H1B

Jordi S. Bunster j.bunster at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 19 10:19:22 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 09:49, Cougar wrote:

> There's a lot of terrorist sleeper cells in this country
> comprised of hb1 and student visa holders who are just waiting to *kill
> Americans*. (just this week there have been three major busts, and by the
> way, one bust was computer related) Forget the business aspects of this...
> it's time for constant surveillance or deportation of *all* visa holders from
> countries known to harbor, aid, or abet terrorists. May as well do it *now*
> (and possibly avert an attack) rather than wait for the next attack to bring
> about change. Either way, it will happen.

You have so many issues about the whole thing, I don't really
understand.

First you were thinking business. Now, you're talking security. Ok, this
is how I initially got offended by your post.

I don't seem to understand what makes you think the terrorist cells will
stop coming to US if h1b visas are not given to anyone anymore.

Second, and correct me if I'm wrong here, I don't understand why you
think all h1b visa holders are secretly planning to destroy your
civilization.

I know, naturally, a lot of fear is involved. I had sold everything to
come here, and a few weeks before my flight the attacks happened. I fear
as well but I did not cancel that flight, and I'm not taking drastic
measures because of that, like leaving or trying to kick everyone out.

If I came here, was to work man. Just like you do. Of course, I have to
understand conditions are different for me, because I don't have
previous experience in US markets. But that is temporary. And the h1b
status as well. After a while, I'll no longer be working for minimal
wages, as you say.

--
Jordi S. Bunster <j.bunster at earthlink.net>

 This is a digitally signed message part